Please note, this article was written with the intention of being positive and the recommendations shared here are key and important each and everyday, not simply in challenging times.
I have been avoiding engaging with this topic, but I feel it is important to step forward at this time, as a voice of reason, balance and support, shining light on the importance of being proactive and remaining calm and positive during these trying times.
It is possible to take a proactive approach to Creating and Maintaining Optimal Health in Time of Stress, and all the time really.
With the overactive media frenzy around the latest worldwide virus, the current mood is very fearful and focussed on panic, fear and worry.
This is not productive and is, in fact, very counter-productive to creating the kind of environment needed, at this time, for your body to remain strong and healthy.
It’s important to remain calm and to take the necessary steps to create a healthy body, a strong immune system, and to enjoy a relaxed happy life.
Fear is the lowest vibration and if you go there, your health may follow, as your thoughts and emotions do affect your physical health.
Take a Proactive Approach
- Focussing on positives and creating some proactive rituals and habits will go a long way to support your body’s health and balance, which is what is needed right now.
- Gratitude is the balancing emotion for fear and has a very high vibration. A high vibration supports a good emotional balance and in turn a healthy mind and body.
- Write a daily journal focussing on gratitude and joy.
Tune In to Your Intuition
- Listen to your body.
- If it doesn’t feel right don’t do it.
- Honour your boundaries.
Excellent Nutrition is Critical.
- Eat a balanced diet, focussing on local, good quality food if possible, and soak all produce in a bath of fresh water and apple cider vinegar for 5 minutes and rinse well.
- Avoid fad diets that have eliminated food groups, you need a proper balance of protein, complex carbohydrates and healthy fats.
- Take a good quality supplement that reduces inflammation and builds a strong immune system.
- This is the supplement line I use each and every day. I am always very diligent about my supplements at this time of year, and even more so now.
- Stay hydrated, drink 8-10 glasses of water every day.
- Get out in the fresh air and move your body.
- Spend time in nature.
- Do not exhaust yourself.
- Get plenty of good quality restful sleep with a window open if possible, and if you feel tired take a nap during the day.
- A well-rested body supports good health.
- Keep the lights low before bed, and avoid technology for 2 hours before bed.
- Read something relaxing or focus on your breath before falling asleep.
- Do not watch the evening news before bed.
- Go to bed before midnight, each hour before midnight is worth 2 after.
- Get 7- 10 hours of sleep.
- Avoid watching the news and media featuring images and articles of the worst case scenario. This is fear mongering and creates panic.
- Practice Mindfulness, live in the moment and focus on the happiness, health and abundance in your life.
- Breathe, throughout the day focus on your breath for 3-5 minutes to relax your nervous system, this will support good sleep too.
- Meditate, as you reduce stress and create a healthy emotional balance your body will love it.
- Qigong, a daily qigong practice is very healing and creates a deep sense of peace, joy and contentment as well as physical health. I just began 100 days of qigong. Feel free to join me, more on that later this week.
Practice Good Hygiene
Wash your hands thoroughly and avoid touching your face when you are out and about.
Avoid Confined and Crowded Spaces
This is a personal choice as are all the above suggestions, however, be mindful and choose your activities and travel wisely.
A positive attitude goes a long way and a simple smile releases endorphins and other immune boosting benefits, and makes you part of the solution. Remember you do have power and to a very large degree you create your own reality.
In conclusion, I encourage you to Keep Calm and Carry On and focus on the positives, be proactive and remember, it is possible to be Creating Vibrant Health in Time of Stress, and all the time really.
Let me know if I can help in any way. If you want to speak with me and benefit from a complimentary health assessment, click the link below.Schedule a Time to Chat With Nancy