Once you’ve made this you can create your own version following the basic guidelines.
Plus clean-up is a breeze when dinner has been prepared on one sheet pan.
Make one of these and you have leftovers for tomorrow night. You can always double up on the vegetables and cut the protein in half, it’s your choice, the sky’s the limit with this recipe!
Lemon Chicken & Vegetable Sheet Pan Dinner
- Sheet pan- cookie sheet with raised edge
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice fresh
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary crushed
- 4 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 3 small potatoes cubed
- 4 large carrots cubes same size as the potatoes
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 10 brussel sprouts halved if necessary to make even sized with other veg.
- 2 lemons 1 for the pan and 1 to slice for garnish
- 1 bunch fresh parsley separated for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a glass measuring cup, whisk together olive oil, lemon, herbs, S & P until well blended.
- Add chicken to large bowl and drizzle 1/4 cup of the marinade over the chicken mix to coat all sides of the chicken Refrigerate 30 minutes or longer.
- Refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain the chicken, leaving any remaining marinade in bowl.
- Place vegetables on the pan, in a single layer and drizzle the remaining marinade evenly over them.
- Add chicken spacing evenly throughout the vegetables.
- Add lemon slices on top.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- To brown the chicken place on top oven rack and broil for 2-3 minutes until it's golden brown.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.