Your liver will love you!
As a holistic nutritionist, I’m lucky that vegetables are my favourite food! Kale is an easy go-to for a last-minute soup or salad, or how about a green smoothie? This is the month when I really focus on my liver and eat a lot of greens, my fridge is overflowing with vegetables and my liver is happy too.
I also support my liver with this excellent product that nourishes and supports healthy liver function. Here’s the link have a look!
I make several versions of this soup and often add a few extra vegetables to jazz it up. Enjoy!
Super Green Kale Soup
Organic Ingredients are Best!
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large bunch chopped greens such as kale, stems removed or Swiss chard
- 2 large carrots finely chopped
- 2 15 ounce cans cannellini beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 sprigs rosemary or 1/2 tsp dried
- 2 tsp seasalt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated romano or Parmesan, plus more for serving
- Add olive oil to a large cooking pot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and saute until slightly tender add the carrots, kale and rosemary, saute for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the beans and broth and cover bring to a gentle boil, reduce heat, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the rosemary sprigs, stir in the sea salt and black pepper to taste. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for another 5 minutes. Gently mash some of the beans to thicken the soup.
- Stir in the lemon juice, then the mozzarella.
- Taste and season to your liking. Fill your soup bowls and top with Romano cheese.